Monday, February 15, 2010

American Citizenship

Ways of becoming a citizen

Fourteenth Amendment

The Oath of Allegiance

I hereby declare, on oath,
that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all
allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince,
potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I
have heretofore been a subject or citizen;


that I will support and defend the Constitution and
laws of the United States of America against all
enemies, foreign and domestic;


that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States
when required by the law;


that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed
Forces of the United States when required by the
law;


that I will perform work of national importance under
civilian direction when required by the law;


and that I take this obligation freely without any
mental reservation or purpose of evasion;


so help me God.



Click here to see a graph showing the foreign-born population of the US 1850-2000.

Data on foreign-born population 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment